Thursday, February 14, 2013

Who has your heart?








My son, give me your heart and let your eyes observe and delight in my ways? Proverbs 23:26 AMP







As I thought about what to share and with Valentine’s Day being today I felt the Lord whisper to me a question, and that was who has your heart? Now Valentine’s Day is a day where people go above and beyond to show and express their love towards someone they consider to be special and important. Every February stores fill there selves with candy, flowers, candles, and etc. for people to purchase and give away to someone they consider worth it. Along with the items they purchase they proceed to give something of even more value away and that is there heart and love. Our hearts and love to me is probably our most precious asset and I believe that’s something that should not just be giving away at random or by chance. It should be giving to someone who will take care of it and not break it.

It seems we live in a world that’s obsessed looking for love and acceptance in things or someone. It could be in possessions, people, status, power, or money, you name it, were searching for it. Once we believe we have found it we instantly without hesitation or thought attach our hearts and love to it, and just like many things that this world offers it fails or doesn’t last and our love is used and abused and our hearts are broken. The reality is instead of learning our lesson and become wiser and smarter about it we continue to do the same thing over and over again until finally one or two things happen and that is our hearts become hard and cold or we become someone that does the heartbreaking. A lot of times past hurts and failures cause us to become hard and cold to truth and to a real love an thing something happens where were unable to receive love or give love.

Everybody loves a good story and I know ladies especially enjoy a good love story because everybody in there heart of hearts wants to be loved and feel loved. But what If I told you there is a Valentine’s Day story that’s hardly ever told much less hardly ever believed or thought about. Jesus Christ the ultimate gift giver and the ultimate Valentine, has proved over and over again just how much he not only loves you but how much he wants your heart. Being the ultimate Valentine means you have all the experience and knowledge of the heart and all that goes along with it because since the beginning of time the heart and love was your idea. Jesus has never once broken a heart nor has he ever found a heart that once truly given to him that he can’t repair or make brand new. Jesus looks past mistakes and failures and simply says give your heart to me and watch what I can do, He has proven it time and time again. So if this Valentine’s Day you find yourself feeling lost, hurt, or lonely or maybe even feeling like your heart is not even worthy of being given away I believe Jesus's reply is “Be Mine”.  So I want to ask you that same question he asked me who has your heart? It’s my prayer that today you take Jesus up on his offer and give him your heart because he knows exactly how and what to do with it. I can tell you from experience if your heart is not with Jesus it’s going to take a lot of bumps and breaks. This Valentine’s Day I challenge you to unwrap and accept the perfect gift of Jesus Christ the ultimate Valentine and yes he will be yours too.

-Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment