Thursday, May 2, 2013

Just a few thoughts


As I had a moment to reflect on last night’s service once I got home I found God pointing out a few things to me that I wanted to share. On side note Cassia was awesome and that oceans song is the jam. Ok one of the biggest battles that I faced as a Christian and even before Jesus found me was it always seemed like other Christians never struggled or had a past like I did and because of that It was always so hard for me to believe Jesus would accept me much less want me. Well I hope last night I painted the picture that Jesus is for everybody and that he loves everyone and that ever person has a past and a story and sometimes you might not always hear it or see it but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I’m where I’m at today because I took Jesus up on his offer and traded all my shame and past for his love and forgiveness. Here is the best part that same gift and love is always available but just like me you have to take him up on it and accept it.

Also when I think about my family life even though there were struggles and hard times  Jesus has shown me the choice is up to me if I’m to repeat or continue those same deadly  and awful patterns that were set before me. Most families have bad things that get past down to them from previous generations, for me it was alcohol, failed marriages, abandonment, and sexual sin. Now according to the world and people that’s what my life should look like and be like and be the very thing that gets pasted on to my kids as well but I’m so thankful that Jesus Christ provided another way not only for me but for my babies as well. I really want to encourage anyone that finds there selves in a tough family situation or feels that they can’t get out or escape a certain thing to trust Jesus and allow him to get you out and let him change you because Jesus makes all things new. I say this with a confidence and because of past experience you don’t have to do things others in your family do or have done. You also don’t have to be what others in your family were. Jesus Christ has a plan for your life and all he wants you to do is bring to him.


Finally my teen and church life. What can I say I was a bad teenager and with a messed up view of who Jesus was. I thought I could ride the coat tails of other peoples relationships with Jesus and I would be ok. But I found out quickly that would not work and it did not work because there was still something missing and there was still that void and hurt in my life. One of the things that bothers me the most when I look back at my older teens years is that fact that people ‘s idea of who Jesus was and what he was about was scared because I lived like hell and slapped the name of Jesus and the title of Christians with it. The biggest advantage you have over me is your still a teen and you still have the opportunity to change and do something about it right now. For many of you there will be people and friends that the only idea or image of who Jesus is will be painted by you and I pray that you give them the real Jesus not the one they world portraits him to be. When comes to a relationship you would not allow another person to tell you how great your girlfriend or boyfriend was you would want to know and find out yourself. But sadly we do this very thing when it comes a relationship with Jesus were ok with hearing how great he is from somebody else instead of finding for ourselves. But just like you can’t receive a real kiss from an imaginary girlfriend or boyfriend neither can you full receive and experience a real relationship with Jesus Christ from someone else. Find out who Jesus is and what he is about for yourself, read his word and pray, allow him to show who exactly what he can do and what he is all about. I promise you, you will never be the same.


Last thing as a quick reminder I feel impressed upon my heart to say this. There is nothing past, present, or future that you can’t be forgiven of. Don’t believe that lie from people or the enemy that says otherwise because it is simply false. Jesus paid for it all and he loves and forgives freely all you have to do is ask and receive.


-Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment