Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Who am I?




I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Psalms 139:14


This might sound strange to you but I struggle with being ok with who God has called me to be. I know you might not struggle with this same thing but I do. I find myself many of times feeling like I don’t quite measure up to what the world or people classify as a man of God or this image I see portrayed as to what a Christian must look like or sound like. Now once again I know this might not apply to you but it’s something that God has addressed in my life this week. The crazy part about this way of thinking is that it’s not something I believe God intended for us to feel. I mean it says in the book of Acts that there is no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus so why do I feel this way then. 

If you want my personal opinion I believe it is the enemies way of limiting are impact or influence for Christ. I mean if you can’t stop someone you at least limit their ability to do the very thing you do not want them to do right? So that brought me to a very important crossroad in my faith this week and that was do I believe the verse above that I am fearfully and wonderfully made? To answer that question honestly until last night it would have been no. There have been times I found myself feeling like I didn’t belong or that I had to do something that I didn’t have in me or that I wasn’t capable of doing because that’s what God needed me to do. But here is the kicker God never told me that, as a matter of fact he did just the opposite which was he asked me what in the world was going on. That’s when I discovered my actions and my way of thinking was limiting what God was able to accomplish with me and my life. 
 
Now don’t misunderstand me God is God and he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants and I can be used to accomplish what he wants even without knowing it because that’s how God rolls he doesn’t need my ok or my approval he just does God. But I believe there comes a point in our life where we try to change the very things that God loves about us, we get into a state of mind where we change who we are and who God has called us to be. I love Pastor John and Drew but I’m not like either one of them and that’s ok because that’s not how God designed me and he has given me gifts and abilities they don’t have just like he has given them gifts and abilities that I don’t have and that’s ok to. I’ve learned that God gets the most glory when we allow him to use and unleash who we are and what we have versus us trying to do something we can’t and being something were not. Just like me you are fearfully and wonderfully made, you are just as important as that person you think you want to be.

 I want to leave you with a couple things God used someone to share with me today that and I believe it nails this point home. Acknowledge that God has set you apart and made you different, accept that God has given you different gifts and abilities and that you’re not like anyone else and that’s ok, and finally celebrate that God loves you enough that you’re not like anyone else and that without what God has given you or how he made you. God wants us to living celebrating who we are and I pray today is the day that you give everything to Christ and celebrate the gifts and calling God has given you because nobody else can do and have the impact that God designed you to do.

Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment